Wednesday, November 12, 2014

2x3 Hits


All hits, all the time.

I just got home from the Blazers game (big comeback win against the Charlotte Horn-cats) a little while ago, so this is going to be a brief one. I got hit 'n run by JediJeff again and thought I'd show off some of the goodies of a recent envelope I received. He struck repack gold, so to speak, with some autographed cards he pulled and decided to pass along the good fortune to me. This included an on-card Chris Perez autograph from the ill conceived 2008 Topps Stadium Club set. This is the same set that Erin pulled a Jeff Clement (!) redemption card from which took over a year to fulfill if I remember correctly. Maybe it took Clement that long to realize he used to be a baseball player?


My scanner did something really weird to Matt Holliday's name on this 2014 Topps Chrome refractor. This is Matt Holliday #237 for me.


Another repack auto, this one of Kyle McClellan. This is actually a big deal to me, all kidding aside, as I'm trying to collect a certified autograph of every member of the 2006 and 2011 World Series winning teams. K-Mac was a starter for much of 2011, so he was able to contribute that season in ways that go beyond his one postseason inning that year.


Oh, the wonderful blockiness of an Xfractor! It'll be interesting to see if Rosenthal keeps his job as closer going in to next season. Mike Matheny was pretty loyal to his guy throughout this past season, but next season is a new season for a reason.


This one is really nice! Topps has really stepped it up with the inserts in Chrome recently. I actually obtained another one of these via Listia recently, so I have it up for grabs if there are any offers out there. I think I know of at least one Wainwright collector who isn't strictly a Cardinals fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.