Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fantastic Trade


Just like the cold weather, the trade packages keep rolling on in.

I don't trade with Cardinals fans often enough, which is a shame because I have more extra Cardinals cards in my possession than the entire rest of the National League combined, or at least it's feels that way. Recently, I came to my senses and exchanged goods with Fantastic Catch. It was pretty fantastic.


The Blazers are off to a nice start this season, with a 6-3 record in their first 9 games. Tonight they trounced Denver on the road by putting 84 points on the board in the first half alone. I can get behind this. LaMarcus Aldridge is the cornerstone of the franchise and can set himself to break all sorts of franchise records if he ends up signing a contract extension after this season is up. (I am trying not to let this keep me awake at night.)


Two collecting worlds collide with this card. Casey Matthews was a popular linebacker at the University of Oregon, and now has been thrust into an important role in the Philadelphia Eagles offense, my favorite pro team since 1990 or so.


I have no idea what to make of this card. Is this supposed to be a can of soup or something? Upper Deck's post-license Goodwin Champions sets are really bizarre and rather off-putting. This still gets into the Ozzie binder because that's how these things work.


Here's another one for the Ozzie binder, and it's one with a more traditional look. Hey, it's Ozzie #510 for the collection!

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.